About our AGM – 23 May 2020
- We had our AGM online for the first time – using Zoom
- Dedication of the meeting – Phramaha Somkit Howlon offered Jaya Paritta as an opening chant.
- Robert Hunt presented the Activities Report on NZBC’s work since the previous AGM.
- Simon Harrison presented the Annual Report with Financial Statements.
- Two of the previous Executive Committee did not stand for re-election and tributes were offered to them by Sensei Amala Wrightson (ex-Chair) and Robert Hunt (Chair).
- Rukman Wagachchi – tribute: https://www.buddhistcouncil.org.nz/tributes-for-rukman-wagachchi/
- Jun Kim – tribute:
- Nominations Received for NZBC Executive Committee in 2020-21
- Theravada: Gamini Settinayake, Robert Hunt, Pimmy (Suchavadee) Takdhada.
- Mahayana: Sally McAra, Chris Krageloh, Derek LeDayn.
- Vajrayana: Peter Small, Simon Harrison, Ecie Hursthouse.
- The nominees were declared elected.
- Resolution for minor changes to the Constitution was passed. The changed can be summarised as follows: To remove a common confusion we renamed individual “Associate Member” to “Supporter”, simplify organisation “Full Member “ to “Member”. Secondly we formalised allowing electronic methods to be used to authorise transactions.
- Supporters no longer pay what for membership, so it can be treated by the giver as a donation that can be claimed as a taxable donation.
- We resolved to keep membership subscriptions the same for the next financial year 2021-2022
- Sensei Amala Wrightson offered dedication of merit.