fostering information-sharing, respect, collaboration and friendship between Buddhist communities in Aotearoa
The formation of the New Zealand Buddhist Council (NZBC) was initiated at a meeting of fourteen Buddhist groups in Auckland in July 2007, and came out of a collective wish to share information and work together on issues of mutual concern and care for the wider community. In accordance with our constitution, the Buddhist Council aims to:
- Create respectful relationships among Buddhist communities and between Buddhist and other communities in order to develop a harmonious and peaceful New Zealand.
- Share information and build networks
- Work together on common concerns and problems
- Strengthen the greater Buddhist community in New Zealand
- Engage with government and other statutory bodies when their policies and practices affect Buddhist communities
- Represent Buddhist perspectives in public forums where appropriate
- Work with other faith communities to nurture mutual understanding and promote peace
- Engage in any other activities consistent with the above objects
To find out if we can help you, or if you have feedback for us, please contact us.